It is Peak Physical Therapy’s goal to ACCEPT ALL insurance plans so that no one is denied care. As health care professionals it is our mission to be able to treat EVERYONE in need of our services.
Your insurance will be verified by us during the first 1 – 2 appointments so that you are fully aware of your payment obligations before treatment begins. It is important that, as a patient, you understand your physical therapy insurance benefits. It is imperative that you personally verify your own benefits as well.
Patient Financing Options:
Patients with insurance:
- Set up to collect deductible and co-pay/coinsurance
- Each visit
- Weekly payment plan
- Monthly payment plan
Patients with no insurance:
- 3/300 with one-month aftercare
- 5/500 with one-month of aftercare
- Cash Payment Rates on All Cases
*Payment agreement should be signed for either weekly or monthly
Patients with 3rd Party MVA/Litigation Cases:
- Weekly or monthly payment agreement must be signed. We now require payment each month from the patient on 3rd Party MVA/ litigation cases. We can’t hold accounts until settlement. Those cases can take months to years to settle. If the patient is not willing to make payments on the case continued treatment of patient must be approved by VPA or CEO.
Insurance 101 for PT Patients
Need help understanding “Insurance”?
Follow the link below for a downloadable PDF that may help you understand what your insurance may cover.
…..So, your insurance “covers” physical therapy—which means you won’t have to pay anything out-of-pocket for your therapy visits, right? Not quite. The fact that your insurance plan covers PT services—or any other services, for that matter—doesn’t necessarily mean you’re off the hook as far as payment goes. In many cases, you’ll still have to pay a deductible, a co-insurance, or a co-payment. Talk about tricky. To better understand the terms of your plan, you first must understand the terminology…. follow the link below to find out more.